Sacred Heart Academy
The Cabildo was built in 1795 as the home of the Spanish Municipal Government in New Orleans. The building took its name from the governing body who met there - the "Illustrious Cabildo". The Cabildo was the site of the signing of the Louisiana Purchase and the transfer ceremonies in 1803.
In 1895 it was in a state of decay and proposed for demolition; artist William Woodward led a successful campaign to have the historic building preserved and restored.
In 1911 the Cabildo became the home of the Louisiana State Museum
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT SIZES AND PRICES FOR CANVASES, FRAMED OR UNFRAMED, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL ASKING FOR A COMPLETE PRICE LIST TO BRADFINEART@YAHOO.COM.